feedburner

Subscribe to Our Email Newsletter



feedburner count

VOI Winner Ishmeet Singh No More

Categories:


Ishmeet Singh, the winner of the first edition of Star Plus's popular reality show Voice of India, died in Maldives on Tuesday evening. He drowned in the swimming pool of his hotel Chaaya Island Dhonveli in North Male.

The 19-year-old singer from Punjab had arrived at Male on the morning of June 29, to perform at a promotional event to be held on August 1. Ishmeet was the winner of Star Plus's singing reality show "Voice Of India" in 2007 defeating another prodigy Harshit Saxena.

He was also recently seen as one of contestants of 'Jo Jeeta Wohi Superstar', a singing reality show on Star Plus and represented the Champions team. He was eliminated on June 20, 2008 from the contest.

Ishmeet's death has plunged the music world into mourning. Lata Mangeshkar who gave him the trophy last year said, "I feel very sad. He'd come to meet me, sang for me, and I had nudged him to pay a little more attention to classical training. He'd told me, 'Mein ek din aapko bahot bada ban ke dikhaoonga' (one day I'll make a big name for myself)"

Farah Khan, one of the judge of Jo Jeeta Wohi Superstar said "He was a gentleman, never saying anything bad about any contestant. Once I was having a late dinner in the studio and he sat beside me, sharing my food. He told me, 'You have so many fans. I'd never thought I would one day eat sitting side by side with you.' I still can't believe he's dead."

Playback singers Abhijeet and Alka Yagnik, who were judges on music reality show "Voice Of India", have expressed shock at Ishmeet's death. "It's shocking. It's a cruel thing that has happened to him. I still can't believe it," said Yagnik.

Harshit Saxena, The runner-up of Amul Star Voice of India, said, "He was like a brother to me. I cannot even comment on what has happened. I cannot believe that he is no longer with us."

Gurprinder Singh Sodhi, father of Ishmeet said the event management company had informed the family that the body was expected to be brought to India today. The cremation would be performed in Ludhiana.

My heartiest condolences to him :(
May your soul rest in peace.




2 comments:
gravatar
sunnypajiii said...
August 04, 2008 7:18 PM  

Your blog is nice one . Try to post in Indiha.com for more coverage

gravatar
Vikas SN said...
August 05, 2008 7:25 PM  

Thanks for the compliments
sunnypajiii.
Will check the site you have told :)

Post a Comment